Thursday, December 2, 2010

Ice-Cream


This was one of my most sucessful pieces in my opinion. I really really like the background on this one. I deffinately did a lot of work with it, and I did some experimentation with india ink and tissue paper to create a cool effect. The ice-cream cone came out suprisingly well! However, I am not too thrilled with th lack of detail and color unity of the actual cone. I like the texture of the ice-cream and I want to contiune to work on creating texture in my future pieces.

3 comments:

  1. Meredith, this turned out really well. You did a great job of making the ice cream look realistic and I think that the black contour line really distinguishes it from the background. I also like your color scheme and the texture that you created. If I had to make a suggestion I would say that I would have liked to see even more of the damask print that you made for the background. You did such a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mer,
    This is a really great piece and i think it shows a lot of potential for a new concentration. I love your pattern in the background and how it's almost hidden. Also your use of color is great! :) My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really can't believe how real you made this look :) It turned out amazing!

    ReplyDelete