Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Frappuccinos


This is yet another contiuation of my concentration of texture created with acrylic paint. I really like the background on this piece as well as the composition of all 4 frappuccinos (2x2). The texture I was really trying to focus on was the whipped cream and the frappuccinos mixture inside of the glass. However I do wish to revisit this piece because I do no think that the upper right green frappuccino has the right coloring to fit correctly in this piece. I want to go back and repaint it. On the other hand my favorite is the bottom left brown frappuccino, I think the highlights look the most realistic and that the mixture inside fo the glass looks the smoothest in comparison to the rest.

8 comments:

  1. Meredith, yet another great piece! I really like the color scheme and background. You did a great job painting. I especially like the whipped cream topping and chocolate syrup drizzle. It makes my mouth water!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to go get a frappuccino. I love your painting skills. You are sooooo talented my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this peice bascailly makes me want to go to starbucks. right now. lets go! I think you did an AMAZING job, once again, at using your painting skills to create texture and make the frappuccinos look so realistic. You've deffinately found your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome! I really think you're headed in the right direction with your concentration. I can definitely see so awesome work coming from this! I can't wait to see your next pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely feeling the coffee crave! all of your acrylic paintings are very realistic, and I noticed all of you independent pieces also have amazing design- Your works are inspirational :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Meredith as your twin I just want you to know that you are way to good at painting. Way to be a prodigy haha I love this piece its really good and I love the whole food them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i want to go to starbucks right now! these turned out so good, i'm also glad you found brown paper for your background. it works best(:
    you have done an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback!

    ReplyDelete